Mera Peak Climbing
Trip Grade:Technical Challenging
Trip Cost Starts from US$ 1950
Mera Peak is one of the most fascinating and scenically beautiful trekking peaks in Nepal situated on the edge of famous Khumbu region. Standing tall at an elevation of 6476m, it is the highest permitted trekking peak of Nepal. Mera Peak Climbing is suitable for those adventure seekers who loves technical climbing and has a very good level of physical fitness.
Mera Peak climbing begins with a breathtaking flight to the famous airstrip of Lukla. Trekking from the south to the airstrip through the mystical and wonderful Hinku valley takes us to the base camp of Mera Peak. After staying overnight in the tent at base camp, we climb the peak on the early morning. Despite being physically demanding on the account of altitude, climbing Mera Peak is not technically difficult as the ascending is straightforward and all you need is the spirit and zeal to scale the peak.
The hard work of reaching to the top of Mera Peak is well rewarded with one of the supreme views in the Himalayas as five of the six tallest mountains in the world namely Kanchenjunga (8586m) and Makalu (8463m) to the east, Cho Oyu (8201m) to the west and Everest (8848m) and Lhotse (8516m) to the north can be seen from the summit which certainly is a remarkable experience.
Marvel Adventure conducts Mera Peak Climbing for enthusiasts like you with professionally designed itinerary, experienced Sherpa guides, proper equipments , permits and all other necessary arrangements. Explore with us and make your trip a lifelong memory full of joy and adventure.
- Airport pick up and drop by private vehicle
- Three nights standard Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Guided Kathmandu sightseeing tour
- All Domestic flights and airport tax as listed in the itinerary
- Standard meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- TIMS (Trekking Information Management System) card
- Mera Peak climbing permit
- Professional mountain guide
- Stong and helpful porter with proper equipments (1 porter for 2 people)
- Salary,food,accommodation and insurance for guide and porters
- Tea house/lodge accommodation during the trek
- One night tent accommodation in Mera Peak base camp with hygienic meals.
- Necessary peak climbing equipments
- Comprehensive first aid kit
- Government taxes and official expenses
- International airfare and taxes
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Your Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu
- Entrance fee in the heritage sites during city tour.
- Your personal expenses of any kind
- Any kind of drinks and desserts during the trek
- Tips for guide and porter (Tipping is expected)
Travel insurance is mandatory for all clients undertaking any trip. It should provide adequate security for the full duration of the tour to cover personal injury, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, helicopter rescue and loss of luggage. Make sure that your insurance policy covers up to 2500-5000 meters of altitude.
2. Packing List
- Sun-Cream and Lip Balm with high SPF
- T-shirt, Vests and Shirt
- Fleece Jacket
- Down Jacket
- Waterproof Jacket and Trousers
- Warm Gloves
- Hiking Boots
- 3-4 pairs of socks
- Day pack (30-40 liters)
- Torch light
- Water bottle (Minimum 2 liters)
- Small Hand Towel
- Sleeping Bag for up to -15 Degree Celsius
3. Guide and Porter
We provide experienced, knowledgeable and honest guide with good communication skills in English language to make your trip wonderful. The guide will provide all the information about the mountains, different histories, cultures, traditions and many more. We will provide 1 porter for 2 people. The porters are helpful as well as strong and will carry a maximum of 25 kgs combined. After giving the best services along with the hard works up in the mountains, guides and porters expect some tips from your side. Tipping culture is very common in tourism sector.
4. Altitude Sickness
Altitude sickness, also known as Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS), is a pathological effect of high altitude on humans, caused by acute exposure to low partial pressure of oxygen at high altitude. It commonly occurs above 3000 meters. It presents as a collection of nonspecific symptoms, acquired at high altitude or in low air pressure, resembling a case of "flu, carbon monoxide poisoning, or a hangover". However, most people can ascend to 3000 meters without difficulty.
Primary Symptoms of Altitude Sickness:
- Lack of appetite, nausea, or vomiting
- Fatigue or weakness
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Swelling of hands, feet, and face
- Shortness of breath upon exertion
- Persistent rapid pulse
- General malaise
Ascending slowly is the best way to avoid altitude sickness. Avoiding strenuous activity such as skiing, hiking, etc. in the first 24 hours at high altitude reduces the symptoms of AMS. Alcohol and sleeping pills are respiratory depressants, and thus slow down the acclimatization process and should be avoided. Alcohol also tends to cause dehydration and exacerbates AMS. Thus, Marvel Adventure strictly suggests avoiding alcohol consumption in the first 24–48 hours at a higher altitude.
Guides and porters from Marvel Adventure are very much familiar with this problem due to their experience. All of them are trained with basic medical trainings and hence they definitely can help you.
- The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
- Marvel Adventure is committed to provide the best possible services to make your trip pleasant and successful. However we and our related organization shall not be responsible for any changes in the itinerary due to unavoidable circumstances such as government restriction, political instability, flight delays and cancellations, natural disasters, sickness & accident and similar others which are beyond our control. So, we highly recommend you to have some spare days. We also offer various optional programs in case of cancellation of the trip. Moreover we would like to notify you that the risk of damages, injuries or death resulting from these unavoidable factors lies within you.